Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Installer...Microsoft Single Image...!@#$%^&*!???

i understand the new (& also weird) 'ms office' protocol...whereby, when one attempts to open an office program...a 'Microsoft Installer' progress window pops up & runs BEFORE the app opens. it's annoying, but tolerable 'cause at least it's fast.

but I just purchased 'microsoft office home & business 2010'...so i could go back to outlook (& get rid of windows live mail)...& in outlook...the Microsoft Installer window runs longer than usual...& then...seemingly w/ every e-mail account that gets opened for incoming mail...another progress window pops up called 'Microsoft Single Image'...& that keeps coming up & up; & just takes forever.

i really need to get rid of this nonsense, or i'm going back to live mail...will have no choice.

anyone have any ideas...???

thanx,

mark4man

ALSO: in ms word...a 'program configuration' window pops up & runs...& that one REALLY takes a long time.

please help
    Last edited by mark4man; 2012-05-18 at 16:10.
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Click-2-Run FAILURE...???

every time I use control panel; & attempt to repair a program (whereby...'repair' never comes up...the options only go to 'change')...I also get a Click-2-Run configuration failure notice:

clicktorun.jpg

anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem...???

thanx,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    See if the advice here is of any help: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ok-571450.html

Administrator
    Thanks
    Click to run is related to Office. It seems your Office installation may have not completed that well. Have you considered uninstalling and installing again?

Do you run any type of security app? I would probably advise disabling it while installing Office, just in case.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I actually wanted to do that...but I also have a problem w/ Click-2-Run Manager. In Uninstall/Reinstall Programs...the options never go beyond 'Change'...when I highlight a program & click Change...nothing happens...& I get a Click-2-Run configuration error

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Very unhappy with Outlook 2010: now I can't SEND mail

i just found another problem in outlook 2010...my OUTBOX doesn't work.

no matter what e-mail account I attempt to send from...& even tho the accounts are set up correctly...the outgoing message goes to my outbox & just stays there.

very unhappy w/ outlook 2010...especially in light of my former (& still existing) problems (Click-2-Run doesn't work...MS Single Image pops up at least 900 times) & now this...???...the way i'm seein' in...windows live mail smokes it big time

mark4man
    Last edited by mark4man; 2012-05-20 at 15:03.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I think all problems are related. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you are in the wrong view. Try clicking the X in the upper right corner to bring it down a level, and then click on send/receive.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2010 configuration on each program load

i can't take it, man...this is crackin' me up (& I don't mean in a humorous way)...

uninstalled & reinstalled ms office home & business 2010...still the same thing...first, the stupid microsoft single image window...then...the entire app must be configured before it will even open...this is HORRIBLE...!!!

I also tried a 'repair', whereby Word runs from my computer...& that didn't work (think I did it correctly...not sure).

someone please help...thanx,

mark4man

Administrator
    Thanks
    I've merged the four threads that have been started on this subject in the past 5 days. They all appear to be installation issues with Office 2010 Home & Business 2010 "Click to Run".

Joe

Thanks
    Cross-posted at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...84af8b2f#_self

Do you have any other versions of Word or Outlook installed on your computer?
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks

Dealing with Outlook 2010 "Can't Send Email" Problems

Mark2man,

There are a few possible causes for the "can't send email" problem. The link below takes you to a page that walks you through the various possibilities and possible solutions. Hopefully it will help.

--Bill

http://living-with-outlook-2010.com/...nt-send-email/

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    no, but I have MS Office Starter 2010...which will not uninstall, for some reason.

when I try, I get a 'Click-2-Run' error:

clicktorun.jpg

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Before you try to get rid of it, you might pay a visit to How-to Geek for a discussion of how to install Starter 2010 on a flash drive. Typically it comes as a 'taste' of Office 2010 on new computers, and it can be hard to find online if you are actually looking for it, as any number of people may be at any time. So far as I know, it won't interfere with the full version of Office if you leave it in place.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    mark4man,

Kindly read the following regarding cross-posting etiquette: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast