Thread: Search Just XP?

Thanks

Search Just XP?

Is there a way to search just the XP forum?

I tried a Google search using

site:http://windowssecrets.com/forums/for.../38-Windows-XP restore point

It returns hits, but they are just pages of the forum. Here is an example:

Windows XP | Windows Secrets Lounge

windowssecrets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/38...XP/page138
    Is there a certain amount of time that the computer has to be idle before a System Restore point is created? In help for System Restore it say (and I translate) ...

When I open it I find 40 hits on the page and it is not obvious which is applicable. A general search from the search box finds all operating system threads.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baumgrenze View Post
    Is there a way to search just the XP forum?

I tried a Google search using

site:http://windowssecrets.com/forums/for.../38-Windows-XP restore point

It returns hits, but they are just pages of the forum. Here is an example:

Windows XP | Windows Secrets Lounge

windowssecrets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/38...XP/page138
    Is there a certain amount of time that the computer has to be idle before a System Restore point is created? In help for System Restore it say (and I translate) ...

When I open it I find 40 hits on the page and it is not obvious which is applicable. A general search from the search box finds all operating system threads.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Hi there,

To use the site parameter in any search engine to search Windowssecrets, you'd type it like this: site:windowssecrets.com windows XP

You can expand the search string with additional words or phrases, for example, site:windowssecret.com windows xp system restore

As regards your question, it can take up to 30 seconds depending on how much data has to be saved to create the Restore point. "Data" includes all the programs you have installed besides the actual operating system files.

I noticed you tried to enlarge part of the text in your post, but didn't succeed. What you have to do to achieve that goal is to highlight the sentence you want to enlarge and then click the "Size" button on the top row and then choose a larger size. The default is "2".

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you Xircal,

Thank you for clarifying the search structure protocol for just one part of the forum structure.

My "attempt to enlarge text" was a result of my copying text from my search and pasting it.

I do notice that my 'signature' from the old forum now appears as:

<font face="Script MT Bold">Baumgrenze</font face=script>

when I preview my message and also as an almost unreadable tag at the bottom of the message. Something must have gotten lost in the translation.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Baumgrenze

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baumgrenze View Post
    Thank you Xircal,

Thank you for clarifying the search structure protocol for just one part of the forum structure.

My "attempt to enlarge text" was a result of my copying text from my search and pasting it.

I do notice that my 'signature' from the old forum now appears as:

<font face="Script MT Bold">Baumgrenze</font face=script>

when I preview my message and also as an almost unreadable tag at the bottom of the message. Something must have gotten lost in the translation.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    I always disable sigs and avatars on forums I'm afraid. Avatars especially tend to be animated gifs and I find them too distracting when trying to read a thread.

You can turn them both off by clicking the "Settings" tab top right of the forum and then in the "My Settings", "My Account" menu, go to "Thread Display Options" at the bottom and remove the checkmark from the first two.

Otherwise, send a PM to the site admin. They should be able to rectify the problem for you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you use the "advanced search" underneath the search panel at the top of the page you can limit the forums.

Joe