3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word Ribbon Creation

I am trying to create a ribbon using Gunter Avenius' Ribbon Creator. http://www.ribboncreator2010.de/en/

Figuring how to create a ribbon with supplied or custom icons has been quite straightforward. The issue is with linking the buttons created to macros.

How is demonstrated at http://www.ribboncreator2010.de/Vide...N_RunCode.html and the code below should run the required macro.

Public Sub OnActionButton(control As IRibbonControl)
    'Callback in XML File "onAction"

' Callback for event button click
    ' Callback für Button Click

Select Case control.id
    'Case "btnInfo"
    Case "btn_1"
    Call DisplayCoverDetails()
    Case Else
    MsgBox "Button """ & control.id & """ clicked" & vbCrLf & _
    "Es wurde auf Button """ & control.id & """ in Ribbon geklickt", _
    vbInformation
    End Select
    End Sub

The problem I am having is that in the line I have highlighted in red, as soon as I save or even move the cursor away from the end, the parenthesis are stripped by the VB editor. That in turn stops the code working.

This tool looks to be a terrific way of creating a ribbon but unless it also functions it is of no use.

Any ideas what is wrong here or suggestions for a similar tool please?

Thanks
    I've never used Ribbon Creatorl. I have used the Custom UI Editor for Microsoft Office. Instructions for its use and a download link can be found at Customize the Ribbon (It doesn't take rocket science).

I haven't used Call. Do you need parameters included between the parentheses? Would this simply be written as DisplayCoverDetails instead of Call DisplayCoverDetails? It appears you are trying to initiate a separate subroutine here. When you do that without parameters, you do not include parentheses. When you do it with parameters or passed variables, you do it with parentheses.

Sorry, I a duffer at vba. I know enough to get some things done and be dangerous. Hope this helps anyway.

Ribbon Creator looks interesting. I intend to look into it more.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2012-05-28 at 20:13.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin