Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used the following to sort out a secured PDF that could not be printed (but its the same concept).

Trial version of Awinware PDF Security Remover - this takes away the security or amends it as appropriate. The trial version leaves a watermark on the PDF.
    Open the PDF that has been cleaned of securty, and simply select the offending watermark, and delete.....

It seems that you have two steps that you'll need to follow. Remove security, then remove the watermark.

As always try this on a copy of the PDF file, in case you do something that you regret!

Thanks
    No one has mentioned that many sites watermark their publications for copyright purposes. I am active in the Vintage sewing machine world and many, many photos, publications belonging to dealers are watermarked to keep them from showing up fraudulently on Ebay in someone else's listing.

BJ

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Midnight is absolutely correct - the removal of a watermark / password that is placed there to protect copyright is not condoned.... even if you can!

My scenario resulted from a document provided by a colleague who sent through a draft document created in Word, and then printed to PDF with one of the PDF Printers available - the default setting was full security (why, I do't know) and it was not even possible to print out to use.

Please respect the copyright of a person who has worked hard to produce a document - they deserve the benefit of their hard labour!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    No one has mentioned that many sites watermark their publications for copyright purposes. I am active in the Vintage sewing machine world and many, many photos, publications belonging to dealers are watermarked to keep them from showing up fraudulently on Ebay in someone else's listing.

BJ
    My most recent post in this thread was a direct response to the mention of watermarks in a previous post in this thread. No matter -- we have yet to find an application which can remove the watermarks, and probably for the reason posted by Photorer above.
    -- Bob Primak --

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobprimak View Post
    My most recent post in this thread was a direct response to the mention of watermarks in a previous post in this thread.
    The whole thread is about watermarks. You didn't mention copyright.

Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12