Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    qaz

cant delete partition

hi all
    a well know freeware disk imaging tool made and left behind a partition on my disk which cant be deleted in computer management. my personal stuff is on the rest of the disc using the remainder of the space

xp pro

any ideas anyone

thanks m

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    left behind a partition on my disk which cant be deleted in computer management. my personal stuff is on the rest of the disc using the remainder of the space
    m,
    Hello... If your using "Disk Management" and your running ....you wont be able to remove it, if it's now part of your OS... Could you post a Screen Shot of this ? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    You could always try a 3rd party partitioning app such as Partition Wizard or EaseUS Partition Magic to eliminate the partition.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

qaz
    ok i cant see where the screen shot is. will probably see all 6 at once somewhere

the partitioin is on a disk thats on the end of a usb cable . only for data, no os

Thanks
    The easiest way is to do a Prt Sc of screen, then paste into Paint. In Paint you can crop it or highlight parts, etc. then save to desktop as a .jpg. Now use the indicated icon on taskbar to post a link:

ScreenShot.jpg

When you select the icon just follow the on screen instructions. The .jpg files will show as actual attachments, .png will not.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    ok i cant see where the screen shot is. will probably see all 6 at once somewhere

the partitioin is on a disk thats on the end of a usb cable . only for data, no os
    qaz,
    If it's a "Data" partition windows might have set up a now "Unallocated" small partition (<10MB ) when you formatted the HD ....If this is the case , it's of no consequence ...Just leave it be. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

qaz
    i think im loosing you

i formatted nothing and windows didn't set anything up. the disk imaging software made it and called it a capsule to safeguard the image it made

it is 6.49 gb and unallocated. the rest of disk is 226gb

does that help as i dont think i have paint

Thanks
    MS Paint is on all versions of Windows. It's usually in All Programs, Accessories I think in XP.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    i think im loosing you

i formatted nothing and windows didn't set anything up. the disk imaging software made it and called it a capsule to safeguard the image it made

it is 6.49 gb and unallocated. the rest of disk is 226gb
    qaz,
    What disk Imaging software ?
    PlainFred

qaz
    makes a mirror image of a disk, such as Arcronis or Paragon
    Last edited by qaz; 2012-05-28 at 02:50.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    The easiest way is to do a Prt Sc of screen, then paste into Paint. In Paint you can crop it or highlight parts, etc. then save to desktop as a .jpg. Now use the indicated icon on taskbar to post a link:

When you select the icon just follow the on screen instructions. The .jpg files will show as actual attachments, .png will not.
    Off topic I know, but I've uploaded many screenshots in PNG format and there's never been a problem with them appearing. Here's a screenshot of them all which is also in PNG format.

png_attachments.pn.png

In addition, you can install a handy little tool called MWSnap to take screenshots in Windows XP from here: http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

To take a screenshot with MWSnap, click the link called "Any rect. angle" and then click the "Snap any area" button. Draw a box around the image you want to cut and then click twice on the right hand corner. It will save automatically in PNG format. By default, it will be called "Noname". Just change that to whatever you want to call it and save it somewhere.

If you're using Windows Vista or 7, use the "Snipping Tool" instead. When you launch that, the screen will turn pale grey. Draw a box around the object in the same way and it will change into normal colors. No need to double click: just release the mouse button. You'll find it by typing "Snipping Tool" in the Search box at the bottom. I suggest right clicking the link and choosing "Pin to Start Menu", or "Pin to Taskbar" so that you've always got it handy.

No need to bother wih "Paint" these days other than for editing.

qaz
    thanks ive got mwsnap now

qaz

qaz
    mwsnap saves in png format but its not recognized here

qaz
    Noname 2.jpg seems to work as a jpeg, hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast