Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Ted many thanks,I will do.....it took 3 hours to do the initial reinstall from the hidden partition!!!!! Then I had to wade thru 3 days of updates to get everything updated..Whew!...I did make the restore DVD's in case I ever need a new harddrive, BUT your suggestion is a great one for the future and a heck of a lot less work......Many thanks again...John
    John, I know how long a normal reinstall can take, believe me. That's why I started Imaging. I have Images (I create a new Image regularly) of both of our laptops. It is just so much easier. I have Acronis TIH 2010 and 2011. I use one on wife's PC and one on my PC.

Glad you got things right again. Have a great day!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Norton "Safe Internet" rates magical jelly bean site as safe.
    I downloaded and used it from the jellybean site many times, never an issue.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Install Vista again on a Toshiba

Even without a repair section on the disk it is possible to reinstall Vista with the original key--you just have to do some extra work. First you should find the OEM product key; use e.g. Keyfinder or CWSysinfo or ... But this key can not be activated in the normal way. You need a part of your original Vista installation that can be found in the file tokens.dat in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\... Once you secure part of tokens.dat on a USB stick it can be used to activate a fresh Vista.
    By the way, Acronis and my Toshiba laptop do not like to work together to make an image of my system partition. Paragon does a better job in this case.
    Last edited by Henkslb; 2012-06-09 at 10:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12