Thanks

Burn jpgs to DVD and later use or copy jpgs from DVD?

I want to move/burn jpeg's to DVD and "Later", if I want to copy some 'jpeg's' from DVD to my HD, is there any problems??

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    No problems that I've come across, except maybe the odd corrupt photo, rare though.
    I've been co-storing all of my digital photos on hard drives and DVD for quite some time. In fact storing photos
    on DVD discs are a very good way to store them imo, just as long as one takes care in the storage and handling.

Getting them back onto your hard drive may be a bit slow, not a big deal though, after all your primary goal would be to store them.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-05-28 at 12:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

Jagworld (2012-05-28)

Thanks
    Thanks CLiNT;

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would also emphasize that you should make at least 2 copies of every DVD. Though they are generally reliable, they are not fool proof.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Multiple backups on disc, cloud drives and external HDD is good. relying on any one storage solution is a gamble. Uploading to a cloud drive (Skydrive, Google drive etc.) is a good backup to go along with onsite backup. getting the (pictures/files) offsite is a safe way to backup. Use a compressed format (Zip/Rar) with encryption if security is a concern.
    Go forth and compute!