Thanks

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Update Question

I think my basic question is: how do I update an Adobe Flash Player ActiveX version?
    ---
    I have Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I use Firefox 12.0. I check my Firefox plug-ins daily. Shockwave Flash is now at version 11.2.202.235. My Microsoft updates are fully up-to-date.

I have Internet Explorer 9, 64-bit and 32-bit. I don't use IE, and can't remember a last time I had to use it.

When I do need to update "Shockwave Flash," the action button takes me to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. That page shows "Your system: Windows 64-bit, English, Firefox." It further states "Note: The 64-bit Flash Player installer includes both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of Flash Player."

The last update download file was #.adobe.install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih(v11.2.20 2.235).exe. (I prehend #.adobe. and insert the version number in parentheses. It works, and that way I know what it is.)
    ---
    Looking at the Control Panel recently, I noticed "Flash Player (32-bit)." Maybe it's been there all along, but I don't recall seeing it before. (And note the 32-bit in parentheses on a 64-bit system.) Clicking on it opens "Flash Player Settings Manager." Click on the Advanced tab and midway down I find:

ActiveX Version: 11.1.102.63
    Plug-in Version: 11.2.202.235
    ---
    How do I update the ActiveX version? Is this the right question? Is Internet Explorer somehow involved?

Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lesle View Post
    How do I update the ActiveX version?
    Click on Do you have a different operating system or browser? at the Adobe page to get the version for Internet Explorer.

Bruce

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

lesle (2012-05-31)

Thanks
    Thank you, Bruce. Your tip worked, I'm now at 11.2.202.235 for both ActiveX and Plug-in.