Thanks

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Update Question

I think my basic question is: how do I update an Adobe Flash Player ActiveX version?
    ---
    I have Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I use Firefox 12.0. I check my Firefox plug-ins daily. Shockwave Flash is now at version 11.2.202.235. My Microsoft updates are fully up-to-date.

I have Internet Explorer 9, 64-bit and 32-bit. I don't use IE, and can't remember a last time I had to use it.

When I do need to update "Shockwave Flash," the action button takes me to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. That page shows "Your system: Windows 64-bit, English, Firefox." It further states "Note: The 64-bit Flash Player installer includes both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of Flash Player."

The last update download file was #.adobe.install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih(v11.2.20 2.235).exe. (I prehend #.adobe. and insert the version number in parentheses. It works, and that way I know what it is.)
    ---
    Looking at the Control Panel recently, I noticed "Flash Player (32-bit)." Maybe it's been there all along, but I don't recall seeing it before. (And note the 32-bit in parentheses on a 64-bit system.) Clicking on it opens "Flash Player Settings Manager." Click on the Advanced tab and midway down I find:

ActiveX Version: 11.1.102.63
    Plug-in Version: 11.2.202.235
    ---
    How do I update the ActiveX version? Is this the right question? Is Internet Explorer somehow involved?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lesle View Post
    How do I update the ActiveX version?
    Click on Do you have a different operating system or browser? at the Adobe page to get the version for Internet Explorer.

Bruce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

lesle (2012-05-31)

Thanks
    Thank you, Bruce. Your tip worked, I'm now at 11.2.202.235 for both ActiveX and Plug-in.