Star Lounger
    Thanks

Security Gone Wild: Can't Delete a Folder in Win 7

I am the sole user of my laptop, with full administrator privileges. I am logged in as myself. Despite this, when I try to delete a folder that was installed when I unzipped a zip file, I get the error message, "You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from Terry-Laptop\Terry to make changes to this folder." If I try to remove everything from the bottom up, I get an error message that I need the administrator's permission to remove the file. When I examine the sole file's advanced security settings, it says, "Unable to display current owner," but won't let me designate Terry or Administrator as the owner because I don't have ownership. Catch-22.

How can I delete this file and its containing directories?

Thank you,
    Terry

Thanks
    Take Ownership first, then run As Administrator the program you are using to do the Delete...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I rebooted and was able to delete the folder. Never mind (think Emily Litella, aka Gilda Radner).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    for future use download takeownership then you can right click any folder or file and change permissions to owner with 2 clicks.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's also another utility you can use provided you have .NET Framework 4.0 installed.

It's called WinOwnership and there's an article about it with a download link here: Gain Full Control of Windows System Files