2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Audio issues after Win 7 reinstall

I have an Gateway desktop that I did a clean re-install of Win 7 after formatting the hard drive. I have install the correct sound card drivers and the speakers worked fine. Now after several reboots, the audio does not work and the drives have uninstalled themselves (not listed in the "Manage Audio Devices". This has been several cycles of installing, missing, re-installing, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

additional symptoms

While working on my speaker problem, I have also noticed that when the machine boots from being off the boot is normal and done within 2 minutes. If however, I close all programs and use the start and restart method, I frequently get the start-up repair menu and an over 5 minute boot. The re-installing of Win 7 went smoothly and without any error messages, etc. Thanks!

Thanks
    Boot into safemode and test your audio.

If you have an addon card to a PCIe port;
    Reseat it and ensure the contacts are clean and dust free and that any cabling is also secured.
    Check all the cabling coming out the back to ensure that it is not shorted or frayed.
    Go into BIOS and disable the sound card in favor of the testing the built in motherboard audio.

If your audio is built into the motherboard there may be a chance that it is defective.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulh7436 View Post
    . This has been several cycles of installing, missing, re-installing, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    paulh,
    Hello.... If your using "Externals" (Speakers) make sure that the connectors are tight.. Another might be If you have a separate power supply for them ...make sure it's plugged in... Sounds like something is loose to me. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)