New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Outlook2010 Address Pop up window empty

One of the recent updates to Office 2010, specifically my Outlook, or perhaps another auto-update resulted in:

When I click on “Address Book” or double click when composing an email, the address book comes up empty. However, I can do a search when in the Address Book window on a name or just part names and it brings up the associated list from my “Contacts”. By the way, when I open my contacts, all my contacts are there and listed in the window.

I looked in the properties window for Contacts, but the place to check for use this in address book is greyed-out.

I tried to do a "repair" on outlook but no change.

Does anyone know if there is a register key that may have gotten messed up? It has been suggested that I completely remove Outlook and then reload it... but this seems a major overkill.

Any advice is very much appreciated...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for info. Yes I tried all the processes in the procedure you referenceds. Still can't get it to work.

Any thoughts on saving my contacts ( .pst file) then deleting it from the list and then importing it again into the contacts list for Outlook??

Thanks for any help...

Administrator
    Thanks
    You could try creating a new mail profile. When you setup the profile and email accounts if all is well you can open the old .pst file and then drag-and-drop whatever you want from the old file to the current file.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks...

I tried creating a new profile... still box for checkmark is greyed out and can't get anything in address window unless I do a search.

Any more thoughts? What about if I delete the contacts list and then re import it?

Any help appreciated. It may be time to give up on my favorite email program and go to windows live..

Larry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Are you able to do a system restore back to a time when all was well?

Otherwise, perhaps you need to uninstall Office and reinstall.

Joe