Thread: MSE working?

New Lounger
    Thanks

MSE working?

recently i have been forced by economic circumstances to forgo my main antivirus/spyware package (PC Tools) for MSE (Micro'stuffed' Security Essentials). i did so on the strength of Windows Secrets recommendation. although it seems to work in the background flawlessly and i update it every day (don't use to many things in automatic mode), it never seems to 'find' any even so called 'minimal' threats, such as malware/spyware cookies or anything. PC Tools would regularly report these usually a few times a week, but neither with a full scan or a quick scan has MSE reported anything in over a month of use. Even when in the History tab i have the 'All detected items' checked, nothing is reported.

any thoughts?
    thanks all.

Thanks
    That's about on par with what I'm seeing in MSE, even MBAM backs that up too...

Cookies don't amount to much of any kind of threat imo.
    It's also possible that many other tools over report on things that are essentially false positives or harmless non issues.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Clint,

it's kinda whad i figured but wanted to see if there were any other thoughts out there.

appreciate.

mikeC