New Lounger
    Thanks

TrueCrypt and Casper 7 and Ghost 11.5 (Dos)

My ? is simple I have 1 drive with 2 partitions ( C & D ) encrypted with truecrypt. And I want to backup Drive 1.
    Will casper 7 or Ghost 11.5 work. ?

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks

TrueCrypt and Casper 7 and Ghost 11.5 (DOS)

Hello sutex,

I was always told not to answer a question with a question, so here I go... What is your computers OS? Ghost 11.5 will clone a hard drive, but it runs from DOS, and Windows 7 is a windows operating OS per say. I do have FSS Casper 7 on my system, and this should clone your "C" drive to the "D" drive partition, but it will format the "D" first. If any data is stored on the "D" partition, it will be erased, and Casper will cost you for the full version. You can also consider EaseUS ToDo Backup (freeware 4.5) and this will not cost you and will also done the job. Good luck. Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks

win 7 64 bit

Win 7 g4 bit ,, SO Capser 7 will clone a truecrypt total encrypt harddrive. Aslo there are two version of CASPER the other one is secure backup Casper. But all I have read thus far refers to PGP encryption no real mention that it will work for truecrypt.
    I like the idea that Casper can copy clone mirror Disk 1 ( C & D ) to Disk 2 and you can then boot from it.
    I use genie timeline Pro 2012 for backups of important date to an external USB.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear sutex,
    Thanks for the info on the OS. I have posted a few replys / discussions with regard to Casper 7 and a current issue with the cloning process. You can see the discussions here: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...er-7.0-reviews
    I currently have both, FSS Casper 7 full version, and EaseUS ToDo Backup (freeware v 4.5) on my system which is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have 3 internal hard drives, "C", "D", and "E". "D" and "E" are clones of "C" that will boot up and run Windows 7. I made the clones using EaseUS ToDo Baclup while I am corresponding with Future Systems Solutions - Online Support regarding Casper 7. One quick note is that when you clone your "C" drive to your "D" drive, Windows will still see it, weither it is a separate partition, or another hard drive. I ran into the problem of attempting to install Windows 8 Release Preview on the "D" drive and Windows 8 wanted to modify the "C" and the E" drives also. The way around this is to hide your "D" drive after the cloning process. This protects the data. If you need I can direct you on this process. Good luck. Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredAtLast View Post
    Dear sutex, I ran into the problem of attempting to install Windows 8 Release Preview on the "D" drive and Windows 8 wanted to modify the "C" and the E" drives also. The way around this is to hide your "D" drive after the cloning process. This protects the data. If you need I can direct you on this process. Good luck. Paul
    I have used Capser 7 and now in My Computer have a clone of Disk 1 ( C & D partitions ) To Disk 2 ( K & L the clone ) have others disks and CD ROMS .
    The Truecrypt ? , does Casper 7 work ,as yet have not tried to boot from the clone , just a quick note.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello sutex,
    Experience tells me yes, the clone (K&L) should work with no problems. When your computer boots up go into your bios and change the boot drive to the clone drive. While you are at it, in Windows 7 have check disk (chkdsk.exe) scan the clone drive to advise you if any errors exist. Good luck. Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    This is not an exact explanation, but for what it's worth. I have five TrueCrypted folders totally about 40gb. My Casper 7 copies them to an internal and ext drives with no problem. I know because I after cloning, I took that drive to another laptop. Using TC there, I had no problems opening those encrypted files.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Truecrypt

Well that is good news the other ? is whether The Casper's Secure Back version , does it any better , or is that version best for PGP encrypted disks ?