Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Windows 8 - Connecting with IPv6

The latest Building Windows 8 blog post - Connecting with IPv6 in Windows 8.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I went to the link and at the bottom found this:

Network Type: IPv4-only
    Your access to the Internet is fine, but you don't have access to the IPv6 Internet. You may want to ask your ISP when IPv6 will be made available.

and going to test-ipv6.com among other things I got this:

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.

Your IPv6 connection appears to be using Teredo, a type of IPv4/IPv6 gateway; currently it connects only to direct IP's. Your browser will not be able to go to IPv6 sites by name. This means the current configuration is not useful for browsing IPv6 web sites.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites.

So at least for me, for now, IPV6 is still the future.

Thanks
    It makes NO difference what OS your computer has, its dependant on your router/modem. No idea how Cable functions.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Your ISP should be able to give you information on when they will be upgrading their system and your modem to allow IPv6 connections. Many modern routers have the capability to utilize IPv6, but you might have to go through a firmware update.

In my system I have a modem capable of IPv6 plus a router also capable of IPv6 connections. My ISP supplies the modem, I own the router.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Your ISP should be able to give you information on when they will be upgrading their system
    My ISP is Verizon. They are not exactly a font of information. Id rather look around the web than try to ask them. In addition to being far too hard to actually get somebody to talk to, they either wouldn't know, or would give me the wrong information.