2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clearing the cache

I'm using Chrome when publishing my web site. I can not get the cache cleared when I make changes to my web pages. I click on the Chrome spanner > Tools > clear browsing history, from the beginning of time.and tried shift + f5
    The changes are fine on my computer, upload no problem. When opened with Chrome the changes can not be seen.
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Jimmy,

the clear cache method you are using is correct. Do the changes show up in a different browser?

I had one user who accidentally published an update to a website into a sub-directory. They had misconfigured the ftp client which created a new htdocs folder on the web server inside their existing htdocs folder. Maybe confirm using an FTP client that the content is in the correct location?
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On the Google Chrome help site @ Delete cache and other browser data there's a link halfway down the page called "Details about the data that gets deleted". If you click that, it'll tell you what gets deleted when you select different options.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    CCleaner V3.20.1750 from Piriform, http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/upd...20.1750&l=1033 does a good job of clearing junk of the PC. Get the FREE version, (no time limit) unless you want to use it in a commercial environment.

As well as clearing the browser cache, it also consolidates the Chrome database, (and other browsers if you use them) a necessity, since it also becomes fragmented & slows Chrome down.

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    A direct link to the CCLeaner download, without the affiliate link, is http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download.

The Chrome Database uses SQLite. Do you have any data to illuminate the claim that "consolidating" it improves the speed of the browser?
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think there is a way to code some javascript onLoad that will display the most recent version - I can't remember exactly.
    This way, other people visiting your site don't keep getting the ones cached in their browsers. It's all fine and dandy for us to clear our caches, but visitors?

Another way is to refresh the page after it loads. That used to work, anyhooo