Thread: Graph Problem

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graph Problem

Hi Lounge, I'm trying to use a MM/DD value in a graph and have the value show up as is in just the Data Table. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I do have both Excel 10 and Excel 2003; I have been using 2003 as I find the graphing tools far more user friendly. I'm attaching a sample file to work with. Thank you

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    1. Select the date series in the chart and change the chart type to line (Don't change the entire chart, just for that series)
    2. Once that series in in a line, re-select it and format the data series to use the secondary axis
    3. Go back to your data, and properly format it. It should be a custom number format, type in "m/d" to represent the month and day. You must manually fix your data to include a year in each cell, i.e., type in "/12" or "/2012" (Don't worry, the year won't show up, but now Excel understands it to be a date)
    4. Format the second axis to not show a line and format the date series in the chart to not show a line.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Hernandz, I'm having trouble figuring how to do Step 2; reselecting it in the graph is easy enough but don't know how to format the data series. Would you mind helping again please?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry Hernandz, just figured it out now.