3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I get two columns in a book?

I'm writing a small book and what I want is for the words to flow from one page to the next (as they should, normally). However, I also want a column on the right hand side where I can write in hints and tips for the section that the reader is up to.

How do I do this? If I have a normal 2 column page, the text flows to column 2 on the same page. I don't want that.

Any hints appreciated.

regards

Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I may have found a solution using two column tables. Not pretty, but I think I can make it do what I need.

If anyone has any better ideas, let me know.

Alan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Alan, Another solution would be to put a full length text box set to text wrapping on the right hand side of each page. This will allow the text to flow easily. The problem is keeping the relevant notes with the text as it flows. The use of a 2 column table can solve this somewhat however it can inhibit the flow of text. I'd be sure to start a new row in the table at each paragraph break which should make it easier to keep the associated notes lined up. You'll also most likely want to set the feature to keep rows from spanning pages although you may need this is some cases. Good Luck.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs