New Lounger
    Thanks

Continuity check to 6rd BR

Does anyone know what that is? I am having no problems with my computer or modem, but I did a "connection check" for my modem and each and every category has "pass" listed next to it except "Continuity check to 6rd BR" which has "fail" and I have no idea what is is or if it is necessary at this time. I am thinking it might have something to do with the IPv6. Checking the IPv6 information from test-ipv6, it says that everything is 10/10 and my computer and modem are IPv6 ready. Thanks for any answers to my questions.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    6RD is short for IPv6 Rapid Deployment over IPv4. It is described in rfc5969.

It provides a mechanism for deploying IPv6 networks over existing IPv4 infrastructure.

BR stands for Border Relay, but since you have IPv6 connectivity already you should have no need for 6RD.

If you have a full set of passes at test-ipv6.com, you are one of the lucky few who have an ISP and router that support IPv6. All Windows based PC's since Vista support IPv6 out of the box. What is missing in most cases are the ISP, routers and content providers. Since yesterday, a small number of content providers have permanently enabled IPv6 connections to their systems and, in your case, you will be able to reach those sites over IPv6.

/safe harbor statement:

Neither my router nor my ISP have publicly accessible IPv6 enabled (neither do any of my clients), so I'm afraid I can't validate the expectation that you should have no issue with a disconnect from 6RD.
    Last edited by Tinto Tech; 2012-06-07 at 17:48. Reason: to correct the rfc link
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinto Tech For This Useful Post:

richardc (2012-06-07)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for all the information!