3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

dual-mode displayport to HDMI

My year-old Lenova laptop has a dual-mode displayport connector. According to the Wikipedia article on displayport, there should be a connector (with full video and audio) between this port and HDMI. I've searched the web and been unable to find a source for such a connector.

Can anyone point me to a source? I'd like to get one within a week.

Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by globalist View Post

Can anyone point me to a source? I'd like to get one within a week.
    globalist,
    Hello.. There are many sources on the "Web" this is one that i found HDMI Dongle Regards Fred

PS: If this is not the one ...just checkout the rest of the site and " Google " for the best price.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [looks like my quick reply did not post, so I'll try again]

The referenced site provides a displayport to HDMI connection which -- if I understand it properly (which I may not, as I am only two days into this interface technology) -- only provides a video interface. My laptop has a dual-mode displayport connector. According to the Wikipedia article, a connector from a dual-mode displayport interface to HDMI conveys both video and audio.

I am not even sure what the "dual" of "dual-mode" means. Is one of the modes simply the standard displayport and the other the operation I just described?

Thanks again.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I am not even sure what the "dual" of "dual-mode" means. Is one of the modes simply the standard displayport and the other the operation I just described?

Thanks again.
    globalist,
    I have a "Desktop" And my "TV \ second monitor" type output from the Graphics card has a VGA and HDMI output both carry the video and audio, have used both... also there is a separate Audio output ( if needed for more speakers) After i connect i need to go to "Speakers" (Control Panel) and set the TV \ 2nd monitor for "Default" audio if i choose ... Otherwise the PC monitor will be the audio default device. I can only say that the "Dual Mode " refers to audio and video...Sorry i can't be of more help Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're ahead of me. My laptop does have a dual-mode displayport output, but NOT an HDMI output. From everything I read in the specs, the standard displayport output supports HDMI-standard video but not audio. The dual-mode displayport is said (see Wikipedia article on displayport and others frustrated like me in various forums) to support a single-channel HDMI with both video and audio. However, it appears that no one make this connector.

globalist

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    You're ahead of me. My laptop does have a dual-mode displayport output, but NOT an HDMI output.
    globalist,
    Hello... My understanding is the "Dual Display Port" ( adapter) will exit into a HDMI connector , to feed whatever device (monitor or TV). HDMI will support audio and video... at least it does on mine...Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-06-09 at 17:41.
    PlainFred