4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Adobe updates Flash player to 11.3.300.257

Adobe has released a Flash player update to address a number of security vulnerabilities, details of which can be found in the following security bulletin: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player

If you didn't disable the Flash player automatic installer included with 11.2.202.235, you should have got update automatically.

Also addressed is a security flaw in Adobe's own AIR app details of which can be found in the same bulletin.

The new Flash player for Firefox also includes a sandbox similar to the one used in Adobe Reader X. The Adobe blog has more details: Flash Player protected mode for Firefox

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xircal For This Useful Post:

Dick-Y (2012-06-09)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    A couple of things I believe I noticed about these latest Flash updates (but I'd be very happy if anyone cares to confirm or contradict):

1) Even if you download the 64-bit version, the filename now contains "x32".

2) Even if you install the 64-bit version, your Programs and Features list no longer includes "64-bit" after Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and/or Plugin.

Although the 64-bit version had included the 32-bit version for a few previous versions, these two changes had me thinking I'd downloaded and installed an incorrect version.

(I guess the evolution is reaching a more logical and simple pattern, but the names required have changed from 32-bit and 64-bit, to 64-bit only, to "bitless" within a few months.)

Bruce