3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 Web toolbar suddenly not working

For years now, I have used the "Web" toolbarwithin Outlook 2007 to click on previously used links, primarily thelinks to my email web accounts before downloading the mail (less the spam) intoOutlook. This morning however, when Idid it as I do every morning I got the following error:

Microsoft OfficeOutlook

This operation hasbeen canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

What does this mean, and how to I correct this? I was using this feature all day yesterdaywithout difficulty right up to going to bed, but now this morning it does notwork. I don't see how it can make adifference with something like this, but yesterday I did uninstall GoogleChrome because I don't care for it and have never used it, but this featurecontinued to work normally after I did that so I point this out only because itis something that occurred yesterday.

I am using 64-bit Windows 7 and InternetExplorer 9, both of which appear to be functioning normally this morning, onlyOutlook 2007 (part of MS Office 2007 Enterprise) appears to have any problemand only this one feature that I do use a lot until now. Please help. :-(

PS: One more thing, I just discovered that no links in Outlook work, not just the Web toolbar. I have no idea how this happened or what (if anything) I did, but I sure hope someone can help me resolve this.
    Last edited by decann; 2012-06-09 at 10:27. Reason: New information

David E. Cann

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's a very common error message, often caused by uninstalling Chrome or Firefox if they were the default browser. Try Microsoft's Fix It which has cured the issue for others:

Unable To Click on links within outlook emails

Unable to connect to links in email Outlook 2007

Can't Open Links In Outlook 2010

Bruce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

decann (2012-06-09)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    It's a very common error message, often caused by uninstalling Chrome or Firefox if they were the default browser. Try Microsoft's Fix It which has cured the issue for others:

Unable To Click on links within outlook emails

Unable to connect to links in email Outlook 2007

Can't Open Links In Outlook 2010

Bruce
    Bruce,

That did the trick, and I did nothing with it but click it a time or two in preparation. All is well with Outlook once again, but now I have yet another reason for disliking Google Chrome, and further reason for removing it. One side remark on your information above though, Google Chrome was NOT, and to the best of my memory never has been my default browser, unless it briefly assigned itself so when first installed. I've always used IE (currently IE9) as default browser though, and as of yesterday is once again the ONLY one.

In any event, your solution seems to have worked and I thank you for your help. It seems odd to me though that if removing Chrome caused the problem, why did the links in Outlook continue to work properly the remainder of the day yesterday until early this morning? No matter I guess, just one of life's mysteries, but I thank you again.

David E. Cann