Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Mine was difficult to drag. i now have a silk handkerchief underneath and it glides very smoothly.

Thanks
    There is ONE kind of mouse pad, that I've used, exclusively, for the past several years.

It's a 3/16" THICK black rubber pad, with a synthetic cloth cover, that feels just like silk to the mouse.
    It virtually Glides over the surface. With the heavy rubber backing, it will stay in place on your computer desk top, unlike many of the thinner pads.

My supply of these pads has dried up, but I did see them advertised on an internet site. I'm about to order another half dozen or so.

A little side attraction to the above pad, when they get dirty, you can wash them with soap and water.

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aloarjr810 View Post
    I used the Plain Graph Paper PDF Generator at:
    http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/plain/

PDF Document Size: 8.5 x 11 inches
    Minimum Border: .5 inches
    Grid Line Weight: .05
    Grid Spacing: 16
    Grid Color: Black
    This worked great on my relatively new Microsoft mouse. Plain white paper didn't work worth crap. Went to this website and printed a 200 lines/inch grid at a line thickness of 0.05 (mm?) and now my mouse works perfectly! that tells me that it's not the surface roughness as was claimed previously. At least for this MS mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used my MS mouse on a piece of white paper. Worked like crap. Printed a 200 lines/inch grid (black) on a Canon Pixma 250 inkjet ($40 printer from walmart) using a grid line weight of 0.05 on the same piece of paper and now the mouse works perfectly... Thus, your claim is patently false, at least for my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 5000.

The website is
    http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/plain/
    as was listed below.

Thanks
    I have heard of that idea but never used it...

What I use is a Masonite clipboard turned upside down and the clip is against the edge of my desk and stops it from sliding around...
    Never had a problem....

Funny, I started this thread in 2012...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    My old G9 2005 Logitech mouse finally died. As it did the cursor would get stuck on the screen somewhere, then bounce around
    making it feel like the issue was the surface itself. I figured the laser was cutting out or something.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123