Thread: VsocX32.ocx

New Lounger
    Thanks

VsocX32.ocx

I have 2 aviation programs which I used on my XP machine. I installed them on my new Win 7 machine and they ran just fine.
    Suddenly when I try to run them both, I get this error message : "Component 'VSOCX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."
    I uninstalled both programs and attempted to reinstall. I now get the same message while trying to install. I have tried running the installers in compatabilty mode and run as administrator,to no avail. I renamed the .ocx in question in the SysWOW64 folder ,and the installer for the programs simply inserts a copy of the .ocx into SysWOW64 but can not register same. I tried to register VSOCX.OCX using regsvr only to get this error messaqe: The module "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VSOCX332.OCX" failed to load. The same error message appears when I try to deregister the .OCX
    I have also tried to install in Safe mode.
    I can get along without the 2 programs, but would prefer to be able to use them. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
    See if the solution here helps:
    http://www.lancelhoff.com/component-...ly-registered/

Substitute your VSOCX.OCX file for the mscomctlox file used on that page.

Jerry

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMP View Post
    I have 2 aviation programs which I used on my XP machine. I installed them on my new Win 7 machine and they ran just fine.
    Suddenly when I try to run them both, I get this error message : "Component 'VSOCX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."
    PatMP,
    Hello... Did you do anything prior to the programs failing? Ex: Registry Cleaner , Temp file removal like CCleaner...Sounds like something in the registry "Got Gone" I'm having a similar problem with one of my programs, and trying to track it down ...So far seems like something in the new CCleaner (3.19) might be causing it ...not sure at this point. Regards Fred

PS: You might have to run a scan for "Registry Leftovers" and some leftover File..(after you tried to un-install it) Now it won't install correctly. Post back if your not sure how to do this, and i can provide more details.
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-06-10 at 13:29.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks

vsocx32.ocx

I found a solution. I used a program called Dependency Walker to analyze vsocx32.ocx. The results showed that 4 dLL's were not found. I searched my PC, found each dll and imported same into SYSWOW64. I rebooted and attempted to install Dauntless Ground School and Safelog. Lo and behold both programs installed smoothly and function properly.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I solved the problem by using "Dependency Walker" to I.D. missing dll files. I found the files in question, and copied them into SYSWOW64. After rebooting, I was able to then install the 2 Dauntless Aviation programs. They are up and running just fine.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMP View Post
    I was able to then install the 2 Dauntless Aviation programs. They are up and running just fine.
    PatMP,
    Hello... You still have not found what made them go "missing" in the first place. "Did you do anything prior to the programs failing?" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did a lot. My level of knowledge does not allow me to identify the culprit or action. Anything I might say would be mere conjecture. I suspect certain actions, but have no actual evidence.