3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Need help modifying an Opera skin

As Opera 12 got into 64-bit builds, some skins created in earlier versions got thrown off a bit. I've got one I'd like to keep - I'm not the developer - and am wondering if there is someone who is familiar with skins and wouldn't mind taking a look to help me figure out what to modify to correct one final bug. The problem is that when the Tab Bar is set to show on the bottom with this skin, the page title is barely or not visible in the tab, depending on whether or not the tab is in focus (see screenshot). When the tab bar is set up top, the text shows fine. I'm not sure if the problem has to do with background settings or what. The skin file is attached (it works as a zipped file). Win 7x64, Opera 12x64. Many thanks,

Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you'd be better off posting your question on the dedicated Opera support forums: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=26

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did and was blown off (http://my.opera.com/community/forums...omment12449932). That's why I'm looking elsewhere.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    I did and was blown off (http://my.opera.com/community/forums...omment12449932). That's why I'm looking elsewhere.
    Your contribution on the Opera forum is only one day old. Somebody else may still respond.

But you're not the opening poster I see. In cases like this, it's always advisable to start your own thread rather than tag your question on to the end of somebody else's because it often leads to confusion.

There's an Opera customizing guide here which might help though: http://www.pallab.net/2006/04/12/ext...omizing-opera/

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You really don't know what's going on. The OP of the Opera forums thread is the original creator of the skin. Some weeks ago, around the time the x64 builds of Opera 12 started coming out, their developers made a change that turned the Address Bar background black with all "native" skins. The werwolf..nativo skin's developer couldn't figure out what was causing it and finally, realizing that he was in over his head, asked for help and got some for that from the person on those forums who does often offer help of that kind (there aren't many). But as for anything more, the skin's creator is still apparently in over his head (and he likes his Tab Bar on top). Thank you for the link, but there's nothing about skins in there.
    Last edited by highstream; 2012-06-13 at 16:04.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, understood. Maybe somebody else on the forum here will respond.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I also have skin problems with Opera 12 - and have posted in the My Opera forums with little response. This seems to be a big problem as countless of the older skins are now u/s. I am reasonably familiar with the makeup of the skins and its skin.ini file, but most of the available documentation is several years old and no help for the Opera 12 changes. Now that they have introduced 'themes', which don't interest me one bit, it looks like skins are taking a back seat and nobody is going to address it.

Currently gone back to 11.64 which works just fine, will wait for the dust to settle on this new one.