4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Recent Adobe Flash security patch may not have updated properly

Adobe released a security patch last week to address a security vulnerability in its Flash player. For those who have Flash configured to update automatically, you should be able to see 11.3.300.257 version in both IE and other browsers.

To check Internet Explorer, click "Tools", then "Manage Add-ons". Change the view to "Run without permissions" in the dropdown menu on the left and then check the installed ActiveX control as highlighted in the screenshot.

flash_ie.png

In Firefox, hit CTRL+SHIFT+A to launch the Add-ons manager and then click the "Plugins" submenu. You should be able to see the update as shown in the next screenshot.

flash_firefox.png

The reason I've posted this info is because I was chatting with a friend of mine last night on WLM and since she has Flash configured to update automatically I asked her to check which version she had installed, but it appeared that she was still running the previous version which was 11.2.202.235

To update manually, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (Remove the checkmark from "McAfee security scan" or "Google Toolbar" to avoid installing those too).

Thanks
    They may have pulled the update from auto-updating, there are some unresolved problems with FX and the sandboxing technique used by flash.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The thought occurred to me that maybe Adobe might be thinking that auto-updating Flash isn't such a good idea after all since it deprives them of commissions they would normally receive from Google and McAfee if users didn't remove the checkmark from either of these before downloading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That might upset their financial controller, yes

But there really is a problem with the latest Flash and Mozilla Firefox builds http://securitygarden.blogspot.co.uk...s-firefox.html there are many posts about it elsewhere, on the Adobe and Mozilla sites as well as many forums etc.