Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect--Win 7 & Win 8 Images

I have the paid version of Macrium Reflect and I have Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Win 8 RP 64 bit on separate partitions.

Is it ok to image the Win 7 and Win 8 partitions from within Win 7?

Apart from the above am I right in thinking that I only need one Macrium rescue CD?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royw View Post
    I have the paid version of Macrium Reflect and I have Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Win 8 RP 64 bit on separate partitions.

Is it ok to image the Win 7 and Win 8 partitions from within Win 7?

Apart from the above am I right in thinking that I only need one Macrium rescue CD?

Advice would be appreciated.
    roy,
    Hello..
    1. You are correct you only need one "Rescue Disk" ..test it to make sure that it is working and your PC can boot your PC,and that it "sees" your Images.

2. Yes you can run Images from within Windows ...I use Macrium Reflect to Image all my OS's ( multi boot PC) from my 7 \ 64 OS

3. You didn't say what version that you are using ( I'm using the Free versions) ... All Of the version 5's that i have tried ( now V-4694) work well as with their WinPE recovery disks Regards Fred

PS: If your using a very old version ...you would be better off with one of the Free offerings, or updating to a newer version.
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-06-16 at 16:15.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Plain Fred For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-06-16)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred,thanks a lot.I am using v 5.4694.

Best regards,Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    I use Acronis TIH both v 2010 and 2011. I create Images regularly, whenever I make changes. When I create an Image on my PC I include both Win 7 and Win 8 RP in the same Image. Then I can restore either OS or both. The restoration should be done one at a time. (2010 for wife's PC, 2011 for mine) In fact I created new Images for both yesterday. I like to keep my Images up to date.

I have found that even though these Imaging apps can be run from within Windows, booting to the boot disk and creating the Image from outside Windows is actually faster than within Windows, and I feel more confident in the created Images.

One thing I have gotten into the habit of doing, before I create my Image I will always clean up my OS's completely and defrag them, then create the Images. Afterward I actually restore to the created Image. This does a final partition cleanup of any data left on the partition from deleted files, etc because when you restore from an Image, the first step the Imaging app does is format the partition then load the OS. This totally cleans the partition.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy