hey folks,

We are currently running WinXP/IE7 and unable to upgrade to IE8 (atm!) due to inhouse apps not running on anything other than IE7!

We have a need to run a website in IE8 and I have managed to get IE8 loaded into an isolated virtual layer allowing me to run both IE7 and IE8 side by side with no problems.

I do however need to completely lockdown the IE8 experience to prevent users from straying away from this one website. Using the following regkeys I have been able to lockdown the following.

Disable Menus
HKLM\Software\Polices\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [DWORD]:AlwaysShowMenus=0

Disable tabs
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing [DWORD]:Enabled=0

Remove Toolbars
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBars\Restrictions [DWORD]:NoCommandBar=1

Remove Address Bar
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBars\Restrictions [DWORD]:NoNavBar=1

This effectively gives me a "kiosk mode" look with my browser but is not full screen. The problem is I need to have the browser navigation buttons and these are removed with the "Remove Address Bar" hack above.

Does anyone know of a way to hide the URL entry part of the Address bar maintaining the functionality of the navigation buttons?

Many thanks in advance

Ninjamaster