Thanks

Fix: Cursor jumping around while typing in a browser, or elsewhere

It seems I have been having a problem in Win 8, both CP and now RP where I will be typing along when suddenly the cursor jumps to another location and all of a sudden my sentence cont's in the wrong spot. Creates a little excitement in reading a thread. I played around with different browsers (IE, Chrome and FF) and the problem was common to all browsers. In trying to troubleshoot this problem I found that my touchpad S/W was not installed in Win 8 RP. When I checked the Control Panel, Mouse properties, I was missing several options in the Touchpad properties.

I went to the Sony web site and downloaded and installed the Alps Touchpad app. Now when I open the Mouse properties window I see some additional options that seems to have stopped this jumping around. I have to believe I'm not the only one with this problem. Try it and see if this helps.

MouseProperties.jpg
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-06-14 at 05:23.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I think I read somewhere that Win 8 added some touch features to laptop touch pads. The vendor driver appears to override some of them. I noticed some weirdness in my laptop touchpad that I was able to cure with the Synaptics driver.

Jerry

Thanks
    This S/W has seem to have fixed my jumping cursor all together. I have been typing for 2 days in multiple Forums with no problems. There are some things missing from Win 8. The default drivers for graphics adapters and sound cards work well for some and do not work for others. People are having problems finding drivers that work in many cases. This might be just another case of similar problems. In my case it appears to be fixed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy