New Lounger
    Thanks

Reinstalling Firefox each time I reboot PC

Problem: whenever I shut down laptop - Toshiba Satellite L775/Windows7 home -as opposed to sleep mode - Firefox won't function
    on rebooting. The icons are there, but I get a Windows message about deleting them -they won't function. The files are still on the
    laptop & I can reinstall from there, but what a pain! This problem applies to several versions, up to and including v12.
    Anyone got the answer please??

Thanks
    Hi rokerman39,
    remove all of your currently installed version of FF. Down load FF13 after reading this. Installing.pdf
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Make sure you check out the read me files before using this FREE program;http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rokerman39 View Post
    Problem: whenever I shut down laptop - Toshiba Satellite L775/Windows7 home -as opposed to sleep mode - Firefox won't function
    on rebooting. The icons are there, but I get a Windows message about deleting them -they won't function. The files are still on the
    laptop & I can reinstall from there, but what a pain! This problem applies to several versions, up to and including v12.
    Anyone got the answer please??
    Contrary to what others have suggested, I would advise you not to use ccleaner because if you do, you'll lose all your bookmarks and customizations. I suggest you proceed as follows:

1. As a precaution, make a backup of your Bookmarks by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+B to open the Bookmarks manager, then click "Import and Backup" and then "Export Bookmarks to HTML". Save the file somewhere you can find it again easily if need be.
    2. Then go to "Programs and Features" in Windows "Control Panel" and choose to uninstall firefox, but don't checkmark the option to remove bookmarks and customizations. These will then become available to you when you reinstall.
    3. Reboot and then right click the installation file and choose "Run As Administrator" to reinstall.
    4. Finally, reboot to make sure the installation ran correctly.

It shouldn't be necessary, but if do need to reinstate your bookmarks, hit CTRL+SHIFT+B to open the Bookmarks manager again, then click "Import and Backup" followed by "Import Bookmarks from HTML" and then navigate to the folder where you saved the backup to.

Thanks
    FF bookmarks if saved and restored using HTML will give double entries. Use .JSON file format.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    FF bookmarks if saved and restored using HTML will give double entries. Use .JSON file format.
    I proposed importing a bookmarks backup in HTML if they didn't appear after reinstalling Firefox. In that event, there won't be any bookmarks which can be duplicated and therefore no reason to use the .JSON alternative.