New Lounger
    Thanks

VLOOKUP Assistance Please - Many Thanks

I have an existing report that I need to add a vlookup feature. I have removed the extraneous columns, but need to add a column that will pull from the DATA tab the most recent date of a data upload for a project. Unfortunately, the DATA tab lists the Project ID multiples times with both blanks and all the dates of an upload. I just need to pull the most recent date for the project onto the the report tab.

Obviously, as more uploads are done for a project, the size of the table will change on the DATA tab. Any help you can provide a newbie would be greatly appreciate. I have attached the stripped down file and would thank you in advance for your help. If there are any additional answers you need or questions, please let me know. MARC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think it's a VLOOKUP. I believe it's an array formula (resolve with CTRL+Shift+Enter)

=MIN(IF(0<(DATA!$A$3:$A$6981=A3)*DATA!$B$3:$B$6981 ,(DATA!$A$3:$A$6981=A3)*DATA!$B$3:$B$6981))

New Lounger
    Thanks

Appreciate the Response

Array formula may be it, but is pulling the first upload date for a project, not the last (most recent). If you could help me, would appreciate it very much. thanks for your time already spent. Marc

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    the MIN gets the minimum (smallest) value in the dates. Change that to MAX and you'll get the largest date and won't need the test for 0.

=MAX((DATA!$A$3:$A$6981=A3)*DATA!$B$3:$B$6981))

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!

Appreciate your time and your willingness to help out. Have a great weekend. Marc