Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Find "trigger" resulting from drop-down

I have inherited a spreadsheet that has a drop-down menu from which there are 6 selections.
    When a selection is made, a block of cells changes (e.g., sorts on the basis of column 1, or 2, or some other change).
    I thought there was a macro associated with this but cannot find one from the developer tab (2010).

Where is the code that is being executed when the option is selection? I'm missing something obvious, obviously.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kweaver View Post
    I have inherited a spreadsheet that has a drop-down menu from which there are 6 selections.
    When a selection is made, a block of cells changes (e.g., sorts on the basis of column 1, or 2, or some other change).
    I thought there was a macro associated with this but cannot find one from the developer tab (2010).

Where is the code that is being executed when the option is selection? I'm missing something obvious, obviously.

Are you able to post the file or a subsection so we can take a look?

Have you found any macros at all in the file? There could be a macro linked to the dropdown change, some sort of event macro firing as the result of a cell value change, or something else going on like a hook into cell validation...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    The workbook is too large to upload. I'll have to see if I can pull a subsection of it.
    I don't see any macros in the workbook at all from the developer tab in 2010.

Thought I found the macro, but I was mistaken.
    Last edited by kweaver; 2012-06-15 at 11:17.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Try right-clicking on the sheet tab, and then selecting View Code from the right-click menu that is displayed.

zeddy