Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb U'll Like This Toolbar!

Make a New Toolbar w/ this (see below)
    U'll, really, like what it gives. (Hint) a lot like its (last) name. Not quite what an Applications folder gives & much along the lines of the old start menu listings. & bonus, don't have to reset anything after booting-up, as you do w/ the Applications folder.

Check it out; many of you will do this ------->

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm treating it as a given, how to make a New Toolbar

Cheers,
    Drew
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2012-06-16 at 00:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew1903 For This Useful Post:

rmonroe36 (2012-06-16)

Thanks
    Similar to my Shortcuts Toolbar only more comprehensive. I have the most used App shortcuts on a Toolbar I call Shortcuts. This creates a Toolbar of All Apps. This would be better than the All Apps folder because it stays ordered properly. Nice find for some people. I suspect you might use this rather than All Apps folder.

With Classic Shell though, I have all this plus a few extra things. And it stays in the location where people are accustomed to find it. The Toolbars tend to stay grouped on the right side of the Taskbar. Some one will complain that this is not in the right place and they cannot get accustomed to it in that location. Geez!

If I did not already have my Shortcuts Toolbar this would be a no brainer for me. I will put in on the Taskbar and see how it works for me. I will also have to see if I can add shortcuts to batch files to this Toolbar. That would be important to me as well.

Edit: Well I was able to add a batch file and a shortcut to a spreadsheet that I use every day. These were then added to the Programs folder on the Classic Menu. I figured this would happen as I added these items directly to the Programs folder and this is likely the same location Classic Shell uses. I like Classic Shell because in addition to my Programs, it also includes Favorites, Documents, Control Panel, Run and Search options. I tend to use my Shortcuts Toolbar much more than the Classic Shell menu for opening Apps because that is what I am used to. I suppose I would use this new Toolbar similarly. But Classic Shell gives me the other items as well, so I will keep both.

I have substituted this new Toolbar for my Shortcuts Toolbar for now to see how I will like it.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-06-16 at 06:17.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Also, the Desktop Toolbar will hold anything that is or has been made (shortcuts) a desktop icon. After which they do not need to be displayed on the desktop (screen) itself, as in Show Desktop Icons checked or unchecked.

Ergo, between Applications folder, Desktop Toolbar, Programs Toolbar & the Power Users menu there are differences but, heaps of redundancy, too.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    I only display Recycle Bin, My Computer, and Network on desktop in small icons, so I will keep them. I actually prefer them on the desktop. I will customize the Programs Toolbar a little more. I added Paint to the top level as well as a shortcut to my Free Cell game.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy