Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Torrent Episode Downloader

I have used Torrent Episode Downloader (aka Ted) for some time without problem, but now when I try to open the program it says JRE 1.5 is needed for the program to run, and automatically sends me to the Java download page for the latest update, Java 7 update 5, which is already installed. I have no idea why this has suddenly started happening.

I am attaching 2 screenshots. Ted 1 screenshot shows the contents of the program folder for Ted in Win 7, and Ted 2 screenshot shows the contents of Ted's program folder in Win 8 RP.

Note the differences in the 2 screenshots.

The program works in Win 8 RP, so I tried copying the contents of the Win 8 program folder to the Win 7 program folder, but when I look at the Win 7 folder the contents display as shown in Screenshot 1,i.e exactly as they were in Win 7 before I attempted to replace them with the Win 8 version!

I discovered that the program's forum has been closed due to abuse.

If anyone can tell me how to solve this problem I would be very grateful.Ted 1.pngTed 2.png

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Is this some sort of download manager? I use Internet Download Manager for managing downloads. I've never heard of yours.

OK, I see it's a TV download manager. Sorry, do not know this one.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I managed to sort the problem out.I noticed that according to Revo Uninstaller Pro the 64 bit version of the latest Java update was installed,so I downloaded and installed the 32 bit version.WinPatrol then popped up notifications regardind 2 Java Plug-Ins and after I authorised the addition of those to Internet Explorer I checked the Ted program folder and found that the icons had changed to what they used to be when the program was working before.Clicking the ted.exe icon still resulted in the same popup regarding Java. However, the program works properly if I click the ted.jar icon instead.

Regards,Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread