Lounger
    Thanks

Input file name into a workbook

Hello,

I am currently working on a workbook that creates a number of reports. I would like that when the file is created the file number (which is called zStoreCode) and the file name is placed into a worksheet in the main file. So when all reports are created (300) there should also be a list with 300 zStoreCode (column A1:A300) and file names (column B1:B300).

Can someone please help......?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rudevincy:
    Your post states your are working with reports and file names. How is Excel currently creating the reports and files? If its using a VBA procedure can you post the code so modificaitons can be posted.

If the task is being done manually what is being done to create each report and what is being done to either create a file or call a saved file?

In other words is a report a print out? Worksheet? or some other Excel object. Or is the workbook your currently creating using VBA to Open already saved workbooks extrating data that creates a report and then closes the file with the task being repeate 300 times?

TomD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rudevincy,

You'll find you get better help if you keep all your issues with these reports in the same thread.

Unsurprisingly, I asked pretty well the same question as Tom . . . no answer from you yet ?

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...f-Report-Stops