Thread: Soapboxing

Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Soapboxing

I will say, missing or writing the rest of an OS because of a certain Start screen is somewhere between sad & silly. Making an big issue, fuss & blockage over a Start screen, that not only doesn't need to be used (There IS choice) but, gets in the way of nothing, hardly makes grounded sense.

Understand something before saying what's good or bad, likable or not (IN YOUR OPINION). It's bad enough to bash something, arbitrarily, but, when based on untruths it helps no one & oft, misguides others.

Ergo, it is upsetting & troubling out of concern for how it will erroneously impact on the uninitiated...

Ppl hear/read Win8 is unworkable... they'll believe it.
    You tell 'em it's only good on tablets & phones & Touch-screens... they'll believe it.
    You tell them it's hard to find things & navigate... they'll believe.
    You tell them cus some things are new or different, it's bad... they'll believe it.
    You tell Folks a start button & a start menu are gone AND tell 'em that it's a problem... they'll believe it.
    Tell people the ONLY thing worth attention in Windows8 is "Metro Apps" & there is nothing that makes it better than any current or previous OS so, no compelling reason(s) to use it...they'll believe it.

None of the above is true yet, we hear or read it... One thing sure... it makes it especially challenging of IT Pros when so many myths, partial or skewed info & falsehoods are spread about & people buy into it.

Know reality & accuracy before making statements, as if, fact & as if, others should take them as gospel

Cheers,
    Drew
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2012-06-18 at 14:22.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post

Understand something before saying what's good or bad, likable or not (IN YOUR OPINION). It's bad enough to bash something, arbitrarily, but, when based on untruths it helps no one & oft, misguides others.
    Liking or disliking something is exactly that, one's opinion. I'm really liking Win 8 and I agree with much of you said (perception is reality for most people), but I have to say that going on rants like this doesn't really motivate people to change their viewpoint (opinions).
    Chuck

Banned Member
    Thanks
    No rant; just a comment on how people often get swayed by hype, cus they may not know enough to sort the chaff from the wheat & get left w/ a skewed view on things.

But, on the other hand, we see heaps of insightful, positive things being said about Windows8, too.