New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 LAN Settings blocked

Greetings, well Im having some problems with my Lan settings, i cant access to them, they are blocked and im using an Administrator account.
    I cant access any webpage but I can use Skype or Play onlne.
    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2738/53794351.png
    take a look at this picture.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You don't state whether this is a personal machine or one on a company LAN. If its a corporate machines, more than likely someone has set this via a Group Policy. You can temporally override it by changing the value in this Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
    REG_SZ ProxyServer

I believe you have to change the value to Zero. However the policy automatically updates every 90 minutes (assuming the defaults haven't been changed) or when you log out and back on.

And welcome to the lounge!
    Last edited by Doc Brown; 2012-06-18 at 14:49.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Its my Personal Computer.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried resetting IE to Default settings or restoring to a point when you could access any web page and as an added measure, do a full scan with the free Eset online scanner.

Had you downloaded any programs shortly before this occurred ?

I don't think this will be your AV but to isolate everything but bare essentials, see if you are able to browse in Safe Mode with Networking if the previous steps don't resolve.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you notice "Some settings are administered by your local administrator" at the bottom left of your screen shot. That's not normal for a personal PC, only for corporate use.

Perhaps it does indicate that group policy settings had been changed from a different user account previously: How to Use a Proxy Server if it is Greyed Out and Checked

Or perhaps some malware infection made that setting for you so that your web traffic passed through a rogue site.

Logging on as the full ("built-in") administrator would seem to be worth trying.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-08-02 at 17:19.