New Lounger
    Thanks

Advanced DNS settings disappear

I have the same problem and can maybe share some more insight. I have a client I visit often and plug into their network. Some of the intranet sites, like SharePoint, will not connect unless the client address is entered into the advanced settings for DNS.
    I have to add "client.com" to the advanced settings under "Add these DNS suffixes (in order)" every day! I have to do this both for ipv4 and ipv6...every day!

Can you help me us make this stay in this setting?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The settings don't stick because DHCP is controlling them. The domain name suffix is being pushed down (or not pushed) by the DHCP server. Every time you connect and your machine requests a new IP lease, the config without the domain suffix gets populated on your machine.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think i get what you are saying but what I don't get is that my colleagues running Windows XP do not have to do this and they have DHCP enabled as well

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you compare NIC settings with your colleagues?
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    we are all off site today but will check next week...standard company issue laptops so not sure how they would be different but will check

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Follow up, i did not do the comparison but i did set the proxy setting in the browser to auto detect proxy settings...it worked!!! I did not have to add the dns everday. 5 days untouched...woohoo