Thanks

New Flash player released for non-IE browsers

New Flash non-IE version released, it 'fixes' some problems seen recently: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Current Runtime Release Version(s)
    Flash Player Desktop 11.3.300.262
    New Features
    N/A

Security Enhancements
    N/A

Fixed Issues
    Users experience crashes while viewing Flash content in Firefox on Windows
    (3211153)

Known Issues
    Audio distortion issues when streaming Flash content
    (3212648)
    Anyone who made the mms.cfg file edit to 'fix' the previous version will need to remove the added line.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Also available as an offline installer from here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ribution3.html

You will need to uninstall the current version manually first though by using Adobe's Flash uninstaller. Here are both uninstaller flavours:

Be aware though that running the uninstaller for Firefox also uninstalls it from Internet Explorer.

Thanks
    Well, it doesn't fix it for me anyway, more work need Adobe/Mozilla.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What problem are you experiencing then?

Thanks
    Easiest for me to replicate it on a live stream, or sometimes a recorded video from the BBC, go fullscreen, switch back - Flash crash. It might happen the first time, maybe not until the 5th switch.

The latest version is now causing problems on previously solid machines for very experienced users too, so I've just noticed.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you reported it as a bug? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_b...=dupes|Firefox

Mozilla usually fixes bugs in the next version if they're reported in time: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...s/buglist.html

Unfortunately, I can't test your problem because the Beeb doesn't allow iPlayer to be used unless you're located in the UK.

Thanks
    No.

I know.

I know.

FX crashes have been sent to Bugzilla and are logged, they seem to be related to both old and new bugs. Bugzilla's not finding my crashes at the moment, here's some detail from 2x where I was still using 11.3.300.257, your experience with the Adobe site might enable you to cross-reference these somehow, if you have an interest/time:

633253 RESOLVED INVALID Hang in google_breakpad::ExceptionHandler::WriteMinidump
    567936 RESOLVED DUPLICATE [@ hang | mozilla:lugins::PPluginInstanceParent::CallNPP_HandleEvent (mozilla:lugins::NPRemoteEvent const&, short*)] Flickr file-upload
    688992 UNCONFIRMED Browser hangup and Flash plugin crash
    647400 NEW Pasting a selected text as an Adobe PDF print filename hangs Firefox
    540094 NEW [OOPP] unhandled winless plugin events are improperly serialized, should be ignored altogether

763896 NEW [adbe 3216155] Flash hang in F_1152915508
    677119 UNCONFIRMED Crash [@ hang | WaitForMultipleObjectsEx | RealMsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx ]
    I'm pretty sure my crashes from 11.3.300.262 were dupes of the above.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is Event Viewer recording?
    Last edited by Xircal; 2012-06-22 at 07:01. Reason: changed syntax

Thanks
    At the time of the crashes - nothing.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you possibly post a couple of crash links?

In case you don't know how, type: about:crashes in the location bar and hit Enter. Then right click a link, choose "Copy Link Location", then come back here and paste it.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have Winpatrol installed?

If so, could you disable it and then see if you still get crashes?

The reason I mention it is because it's listed in each of your crash reports. It won't be the first time that an AV scanner jumps into action at the wrong moment and interferes with the way a program runs.

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can only suggest hanging on until either Adobe or Mozilla comes up with a fix. The bug signature is well documented around the Web, so Mozilla is aware of the problem.

By the way, I understand now why you seemed so upset when I first posted about FF 13.0.1. I didn't realize at the time that you were having all these problems. Sorry about that.

This is the Mozillazine page for Flash which might help: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash

Thanks
    My problems are nothing I can't workaround as I rarely need to use Flash anyway, if I do, then I just switch to x64 Pale Moon (my default browser) which doesn't have that problem for me. My concerns have been in trying to help others work around it and keep reasonably secure whilst doing so.