Star Lounger
    Thanks

Event 10, WMI: can someone please explain?

"Event filter with query "%2" could not be activated again in namespace "%1" because of error %3. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

My Vista PC has hung twice recently and I have had to switch off the power to close it down. The event viewer shows this same eror each time. What do I need to do please?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sylviesinc View Post
    "Event filter with query "%2" could not be activated again in namespace "%1" because of error %3. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

My Vista PC has hung twice recently and I have had to switch off the power to close it down. The event viewer shows this same eror each time. What do I need to do please?
    See this Microsoft article which details steps to take to correct the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xircal For This Useful Post:

sylviesinc (2012-06-23)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for this but this states "After you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2008, the following WMI error is logged in the Application log:....." I have had SP2 for a long time now but this error has only just manifested.

Also, if this is the correct action to take, it tells me to run a script by pasting the script into notepad and naming it "Test.vbs." It doesn't say what else to do. How do I run the script? All I have is a document entitled "Test.vbs." saved on my computer.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just double click the "Test.vbs" file you created to run it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry to be so dense but this is just a text file therefore clicking it only opens the document ???

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sylviesinc View Post
    Sorry to be so dense but this is just a text file therefore clicking it only opens the document ???
    What you've done is to save it as a txt file.

What you need to do is in the middle field where it says "Save as type", is to change it to "All Files". Here's a screenshot.

save_as_all_files.png

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Xircal For This Useful Post:

sylviesinc (2012-06-25)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks. I have managed to do it and it worked so hopefully my system won't freeze up again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome.