Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

drop down to reference drop down in another sheet

I have a drop-down in a sheet. When a selection is made from the list, that selection is another tab name.
    I'd like to have another cell be a drop-down that uses that tab name. How can I do this?

Thanks
    I don't understand what you want exactly. I presume you want to do something with it other than what you are doing in the first drop down. Are you trying to make dependent lists? The tips at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html may help

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    If the user selects "XXXX" from the first drop down, then I want another drop down on the sheet that will reference sheet "XXXX" and a range of cells.

I had visited that link earlier and wondered if there was another way other than creating the range names.

I have done the range name assignment and it works fine.
    Last edited by kweaver; 2012-06-23 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Another way would be not to use datavalidation but the control toolbox items and assign the items at runtime. The datavalidation is limited and can cause invalid data depending on the order they items are selected [for example if you make selection1 then get dependent list in the 2nd dropdown. make a selection in list2, and then change the selection in list1 creating a different list2. The item you selected from list2 may no longer be valid...]

Steve