New Lounger
    Thanks

Missing e-mail in Hotmail

About a month ago I switched ISP's from Verizon DSL to Comcast. About the same time I realized I was not longer getting the normal 15-20 entries daily in the junk folder and also several newsletters were no longer arriving in my "inbox". I don't believe the ISP switch had anything to do with this , although I had made no changes in the hotmail settings(privacy or junk filtering ) I'm curious about what happened and wonder how many e-mails are not coming through that I really want.
    Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Frank

Thanks
    The ISP change probably did make the difference. Each ISP has it's own set of junk filters, and may differ significantly from one to the other.

I would suggest you set those emails you wish to get in the acceptable senders category. If you are unsure how, check with Comcast. They should be able to help easily to allow you to get all the email you consider non-junk.

I hope this helps in your quest.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Are you accessing Hotmail using a browser or email client program such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, I'm not using Comcast e-mail I'm using Hotmail. I didn't think Hotmail would be affected by the ISP. I could

JoeP517: I'm using a browser: Chrome or IE that's why I didn't think the ISP would matter. I did call Comcast prior to posting this and they denied their having anything to do with the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe No I'm not using an
    email client program such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.

Thanks Ted and JoeP517 for responding.

Frank

Administrator
    Thanks
    Your ISP would not make any difference to a web based email service such as Hotmail that is not hosted by the ISP. Double check you Hotmail settings. Perhaps Hotmail updated their spam filter.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree about the ISP and I think that Hotmail probably "updated their spam filtering" a little too aggressively. I'd rather decide what is junk.

Thank you for your input.

Frank

Thanks
    I use Firefox and Hotmail, happily so may I add.

When you open Hotmail, on the left, just under Inbox, is Folders. And just under Folders is the "Junk" folder.

Click on the Junk folder to open it. If your recent missing mail is NOT there, you didn't get it. Look elsewhere for the reason. If it is there, and you want it, then check the box to its left and then click on Not Junk at the top. That moves it to your Inbox. And tells Hotmail that email from that sender should go to your Inbox in the future.

Similarly, if junk email shows up in your Inbox, and it will, check the box to the left and then click on Junk at the top. It will go to the Junk folder and mail from that sender will go to the Junk folder in the future.

Additionally, leave the junk email in the Junk folder; every 10 days the oldest junk email is deleted and, in time, email from that address will not even get to your Junk folder.

I personally mark all junk email as read, simply so that I can see how many come in daily. But that's up to you.

All this information is on the Hotmail website.
    ===
    7-1-2012
    Since I submitted the above, I found that BruceR earlier suggested two sites with fuller information. His information is here:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...l=1#post856148
    Last edited by lesle; 2012-07-01 at 10:43. Reason: Add Better Information