New Lounger
    Thanks

Dual monitor setup

Hello,

Is this even possible? Have two video cards in a system and have an application "locked" to one of the cards?

A local business that I do occasional IT work for is moving into new offices, they would like to display on a 42 " HDTV information about the business.

Receptionist PC is running Win XP/pro with onboard VGA. My idea is to install another video card with an HDMI output and use that to run the HDTV display. Application to display business info might be a web browser or PowerPoint.

Can this be done and is this the best way other than buying another PC?

Thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    "Max" ,

Hello...Interesting question ... My thought is that the OS would choose one or the other as "Default" ...I have "Native" display ..and a separate VGA with a HDMI output...I have this on XP, Vista and "7" and can only choose one or the other... The other question is would you have 2- PCI type slots available in an old XP machine?
    Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I am unsure as to the two pci slots. The equipment is being stored off site until the weekend after the 4th (of July). I do know that all the desktop machines they have now are Dells with integrated VGA ports so probably all the slots are open.

Thanks