Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clearing a Range of cells - size of Range not known

I got some very useful help from this board some 6 months ago on a simple stock control sheet for Craft Fairs - I wanted a macro to colour in cells in each row dependent on the Quantity of each item available.

I now need another favour please !

In order to update the information the macro cleared the coloured cells first

'Range("F2:V39").Select
    'Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

The problem is that we now need to increase the "V39" as the Number if items for sale or the maximum Quantity increases, and it would be best if the macro could do it for us! "F2" is not going to be a variable.

I can't see how I can change the Range parameters from variables. It's easy enough to get the maximum counts for both row and column, but what do I do next ?

Many thanks

Rob

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwood View Post
    I got some very useful help from this board some 6 months ago on a simple stock control sheet for Craft Fairs - I wanted a macro to colour in cells in each row dependent on the Quantity of each item available.

I now need another favour please !

In order to update the information the macro cleared the coloured cells first

'Range("F2:V39").Select
    'Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

The problem is that we now need to increase the "V39" as the Number if items for sale or the maximum Quantity increases, and it would be best if the macro could do it for us! "F2" is not going to be a variable.

I can't see how I can change the Range parameters from variables. It's easy enough to get the maximum counts for both row and column, but what do I do next ?

Many thanks

Rob
    Probably easier to use the syntax Range(Cells(row1, col1), Cells(row2, col2)) where (e.g.) F2 is represented by Cells(2,6)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jeremybarker For This Useful Post:

oldwood (2012-06-26)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks JB - that the solution. I haven't solved the whole problem but it's got that one out of the way.

Rob