New Lounger
    Thanks

ESC key not ESC'ing

I find that the ESC key on my relatively new HP dv7t with Win7 Home Premium is not doing it's job. I have seen that when attempting to get out of "full screen" mode, while watching a video or running a powerpoint presentation, the ESC key doesn't do it. I can bail out in other ways (right-click, hit appropriate key) but that doesn't make up for the fact that something seems to be wrong here.

Any thoughts on this oddness?

Thanks,
    Steve

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Might be a faulty keyboard. It would be worth your while giving HP a quick call since part of the package you paid for when you bought the laptop includes free tech support.

Here's HP's support centre where you can check your warranty position and possibly troubleshoot the problem: HP Support Center

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xircal For This Useful Post:

Stevenm (2012-06-27)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jeez you've hit on it. Going on your thought I downloaded a keyboard testing app from http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm and found no response from the ESC key in the app!
    I will indeed be getting in touch with HP. Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK this is spooky. My ESC key started to work again! I did TRY to reach HP yesterday, using their "instant chat" page. Not so instant - I left the page open for over an hour while waiting for someone to show up and have that "instant" chat. I will still reach out to them some other way, as I can only imagine that the key will go bad again at some unknown moment.