2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graphics Hesitation

I run Win7 Home Premium SP1 on an HP Pavilion Elite HPE with an i7 CPU with 8 Gb of RAM and HP-supplied Radeon 6450 video -- enough for anything, you'd think.

Yet even simple graphics (MS Hearts and Spider) hesitate constantly, often for 5 seconds. I've turned off hardware acceleration, so that's not the problem.

Any ideas on diagnosis and cure?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Did you check to see if you have the latest drivers?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmav View Post
    Radeon 6450 video --

Yet even simple graphics (MS Hearts and Spider) hesitate constantly, often for 5 seconds. I've turned off hardware acceleration, so that's not the problem.
    krsmav,
    Hello... a few thoughts...

1. In my driver control panel (Nvidia) there are settings for "Manage 3D settings" If i do not set all for "Maximum performance " i will get screen freeze at times...check and see if you have something similar.

2. Do you have enough "Power Supply"?

3. Check that your Driver for that "card" is the correct one for your OS...

Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred -

Thanks very much. I downloaded the latest driver for the card, specifically for Win7 64.

The power supply came with the computer, and I'm running only an e-SATA outboard drive and a router in addition to what came with the computer.

How do I get to the Nvidia driver control panel?

KRS

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    krsmav,
    Hello.. Sorry, but I meant that was for my OS (Nvidia) Your setup may be different than mine if your not using "NVIDIA" graphics drivers... However to access my graphics control panel ..( Might be similar). Go to a blank portion of your desktop and Right click then choose whatever Graphics control panel that you have ... Or go to your Control Panel and choose "Icons" and find your installed graphics program to enter the control panel for it . Check this site to see what your Power supply requirements are looks like around 400-500Watts. Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-06-28 at 10:20.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)