New Lounger
    Portugal Cove-St. Philips, Newfoundland, Canada
    Thanks

Red face Windows Installer From: Max Vere-Holloway [mailto:maxvereholloway@nl.roge

From: Max Vere-Holloway [mailto:maxvereholloway@nl.rogers.com]
    Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:26 AM
    To: editor@windowssecrets.com
    Subject: Windows Installer

Name: Max Vere-Holloway

Date: 06/28/2012
    From IP Address: 72.136.74.148

Subject: Windows Installer
    System: HP Pavilion Elite

O/S: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    This is an x64-based system
    Intel Quad Core@2.59GHz
    Ram Memory 8.0Gb
    Hard Drive 1TB

I was recently obliged to replace my Hard Drive, I did not receive any Disks with this system, the original Hard Disk was partitioned and included a recovery Drive with a copy of the original O/S and files. Unfortunately the new drive which I purchased was not partitioned and did not include the Recovery Partition, shortly after getting the system back and before I realized I didn't have the recovery Drive any longer, I somehow mysteriously lost the Windows Installer, and as a consequence have not been able to install windows updates for the past 3 weeks. I'm using Microsoft Essentials Security, and this apparently has its own Installer, as these updates have been updating OK. My question how do I get a copy of the Windows Installer which is compatible with, and will install on my system.I've been to Microsoft.com, and am presented with a number of options as to which version of the Installer I download and install. I choose Version 4.5, but was subsequently advised this wa s not meant for my system. Can you be of assistance in Guiding me to correct this problem. I've subscribed to Windows Secrets for a number of years, but don't recall this subject being addressed. Any Help You could offer would be greatly appreciated. I seem to be somewhat over my Head here, and am not really sure how to tackle this

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You have to create a set of recovery discs yourself so that you can reinstall the operating system if need be. If you didn't do that when you bought the machine, you might be able to purchase a set from HP.

There are quite a number of "Elite" machines and you didn't specify which model you have, so here the link to all of them: HP Pavilion Elite PCs

Thanks
    Its not a good idea to post your email address in a public forum like this. Spammers like to harvest them and flood you with spam. Ditto your IP address.

Jerry