Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Need Acronis backup-error help

Never had a backup issue till now....... "O" well.

Anyone have suggestions on this error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Did the error repeat or did you only try once? I would try again to see if the error reoccurs. I have never seen this before.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Yes, I tried Acronis 3 times........ then thru frustration downloaded and installed reflect and it returned error.

I was trying the XP partition while running inside the XP ...... maybe i'll try in from win7.

Never had a problem before while running anywhere !!

Matter of fact, never had a problem with XP pro --- and still run's great, in it now.
    Last edited by Jagworld; 2012-06-29 at 19:05.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagworld View Post
    Yes, I tried Acronis 3 times........ then thru frustration downloaded and installed reflect and it returned error.
    "jag",
    Hello... Make sure that your "VSC" (Volume Shadow Copy) Is not disabled.... Administrative Tools> Services>VolumeShodowCopy Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Its highly likely that your hard drive is failing. I had this same error a month ago on WD 1TB drive. I ran the WD diagnostics and confirmed that there were indeed bad sectors that couldn't be repaired. CHKDSK would never complete on my drive but you should try that first.

Thanks
    Suggestions on using CHKDSK ?

Thanks
    When I create Images with Acronis, I insert the Acronis boot disk, boot to it, and start my creations or restorations from there. Try creating your Image from outside of Windows.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Suggestions on using CHKDSK ?
    From a command prompt:
    CHKDSK X: /r/f where X is the drive you are attempting to image.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjk For This Useful Post:

Jagworld (2012-06-30)

Thanks
    by adding the /r/f to the command did the trick, one of the operations fixed a snapshot file.

Thanks very much, what a great place, i'm totally glad I paid for my subscription

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad that fixed it for you. Im mycase CHKDSK did not work and the drive did indeed have non-repairable bad sectors. Western Digital replaced the drive for me under warranty.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    For the record, the CHKDSK switch "/r" implies "/f" ; no need to use the latter.

Zig

Thanks

Lightbulb Found a Much Better Free System... Backup program!

-ATI is a Buggy Resource Hog!-
    Full Image sys backups sometimes wouldn't Restore (even when so-called Verified).
    Other times, it would sometimes corrupt the Boot partition (emergency Boot CD), and had to be rebuilt... (Win Repair CD 3-times...).
    ATI is Hard to Completely uninstall (using their download tool), and Explorer has to be temp disabled (pre-disable your AV/3d party firewall too!).

-Win 7's Backup and Restore was OK for full Restores Only- Virtually Impossible to find individual Files/Folders...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Solution was Macrium Reflect Free!-
    http://download.cnet.com/Macrium-Ref...-10845728.html
    Backs up my 19gig C: drive in < 3min, and easy to find individual Files/Folders with Explorer... (see their Tutorial...!).
    Win 7 Pro (x86). ESET Smart Security, free Zemana AntiLogger (encrypts keystrokes), free LastPass password/CC manager, and no other active anti-malware.
    Free on-demand AVs- old/fast MBAM (no Pro/Context!), Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb cache HDD's (WOW!).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    scottls,
    Hello...couldn't agree more about Macrium Reflect (free).. is a great program .. I use both Acronis 2010 V-7046 and Macrium V-5 4694 and have not found that Acronis (my version) cause any problems on any of my OS's (XP, Vista and "7" ) Windows Backup is both a clumsy and clunky program in comparison to ATI or Macrium.. Also... there is a difference between the way Windows backup works on 32 bit or 64 bit OS's ...On the 32 bit system ("7") you can see folders and files (couple of "Clicks")...on my "7"\ 64 it's not easy without jumping through a lot of "Hoops"....Basically.... Windows Backup is not worth the time or trouble when compared to the several free 3rd party Imaging programs...I might also point out that Macrium and Acronis are "Across the board" platform Imaging programs (works the same on each XP, Vista, "7")... Windows Backup works differently on 32 and 64 bit OS's ...go figure.. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb Try SpinRite for preventive maintenance or repair

by adding the /r/f to the command did the trick, one of the operations fixed a snapshot file.

Thanks very much, what a great place, i'm totally glad I paid for my subscription
    And you might want to consider purchasing a copy of Steve Gibson's SpinRite utility (www.grc.com)--sounds like that HDD is getting to a certain age.
    Last edited by bethel95; 2012-07-14 at 21:25.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    And you might want to consider purchasing a copy of Steve Gibson's SpinRite utility (www.grc.com)--sounds like that HDD is getting to a certain age.
    SeaTools Ouick Hard Drive Diagnostic tool is free, and works on all Brand HD's.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/
    Win 7 Pro (x86). ESET Smart Security, free Zemana AntiLogger (encrypts keystrokes), free LastPass password/CC manager, and no other active anti-malware.
    Free on-demand AVs- old/fast MBAM (no Pro/Context!), Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb cache HDD's (WOW!).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast