New Lounger
    Thanks

orphan gdiplus.dll and a folder

I recently started up a brand new computer and brought over a secondary internal drive from my old computer, which once had Windows on it, I believe, but had become a back-up and storage drive several years ago. Rather than wiping the drive completely when bringing it into the new computer, I simply transferred folders I no longer wanted on it. I have managed, finally, to remove several old system folders from the root that had been there a long time, probably from XP long ago. I still have, however, in the root:

a gdiplus.dll file. Since the drive is now used only for Acronis backups, and since other copies of the file abound on the C drive, where Windows7, all programs, and regular files are, can I delete it safely from this location?

2. a folder named "43880c3a21b417392637034a", within which are a folder called "update" and the following files:

legitcheckcontrol.dll
    spmsg.dll
    spuninst.exe
    wgalogon.dll
    wgatray.exe

Windows will not allow me to delete any of them, demanding administrator privileges, although I try from my admin account. I am not even able to get to the special security tab permissions that I had to play with to get rid of the other system folders. It's not crucial to get rid of this file -- I guess I can just hide it -- but I'm a neatnik and would love to dispense with it if I can.

Thanks
    If what you mean by unable to delete files on a separate internal drive, with no operating system files from the primary drive moved over to the
    internal drive, there will be many options open to you for deleting unwanted files;

1 Attempt to delete them from a safemode command prompt.
    2 Attempt to delete them from a boot disk.
    3 Specifically copy out the data files/folders you want and temporarily store them while you format the entire drive.

gdiplus.dll

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    2 Attempt to delete them from a boot disk.gdiplus.dll
    I always have a Puppy Linux Boot CD handy for recalcitrant files. http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%...%20Release.htm