Star Lounger
    Thanks

Non-Administrator User

New machine with ASUS motherboard, Intel processor and Windows 7 Professional.

Under administrator, I added a non-administrator user. Whenever that user logs onto the system, he/she is hammered with "User Account Control" dialogs pertaining to "program permissions to make changes" that require administrator password to allow. All the dialogs reference "Verified Publisher ASUSTeK". How/where do I set security for non-administrators such that the non-administrator isn't confronted with the dialogs? (Of course, just modules associated with ASUSTeK)

Thanks
    Bill, I'm not sure you can for just certain apps. A non-admin account has much lower permissions to change things then an admin account.

To change the way UAC works go to Control Panel, User Accounts to change the UAC behavior. I think, however that any changes you make here (these changes will need to be made from your admin account) will have a global effect.

These are security changes that allow the admin more control over the kinds of things a limited user can change, install or uninstall. This is the way Win 7 is designed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for other thoughts should any develop. One think I might do is un-install what I think the ASUSTeK modules pertain, and that is the utility ASUS provides to update the BIOS. I can always reinstall should I again need that utility, which by the way is the best I've ever seen.
    Bill

Thanks
    Be very careful about flashing the Bios. This can lead to turning your PC into a paper weight if something unexpected happens. There is generally very few reasons to have to do this.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Right you are, only when needed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GraeagleBill View Post
    I added a non-administrator user. Whenever that user logs onto the system, he/she is hammered with "User Account Control" dialogs pertaining to "program permissions to make changes" that require administrator password to allow. All the dialogs reference "Verified Publisher ASUSTeK". How/where do I set security for non-administrators such that the non-administrator isn't confronted with the dialogs? (Of course, just modules associated with ASUSTeK)
    Doesn't this really mean that you just need to remove the ASUStek stuff from automatic startup for the non-admin user, e.g. with Autoruns, rather than uninstall it for everyone?

Bruce

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One would certainly think so, but ASUS seems to have buried things so completely that it wasn't obvious how to just control things that way. I can always reinstall AI Suite II in the event that it proves to be creitcal to the admin functionality.
    Thanks,
    BIll