Lounger
    Thanks

LaserJet 1200 unable to print multiple copies

HP LaserJet 1200 (Model No. C7044A) will only print one page at a time, even if I select numerous pages in the Number of copies of the print dialog box. This problem occurs no matter whether I am printing from Notepad, Word 2007, Adobe Acrobat 9, etc. Prior to replacing a bad hard disk, I was able to print fine using HP's Universal Print Driver (UPD) on Win 7 Pro (32-bit). When I replaced the disk, I discovered that my hardware supports 64-bit and so decided to install the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro. After first installing the OS, Windows Update failed twice when trying to install the Microsoft driver update for HP LaserJet 1200 Series PCL 5 (error #0x80070103 -usually occurs when trying to install a driver already installed) . So I went to HP's site and installed the UPD. I tried both PCL 5 and PCL 6 but both are still unable to print multiple copies (however, 2-page documents print successfully). Device Manager driver file details now show Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385(win7_rtm.090713-1255) for the HP LaserJet 1200 USB and 6.1.7601.17514(win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850) for the IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer. When I try to Update driver from Device Manager, Windows says the best driver for the device is already installed for both. Devices and Printers>General tab> Properties>Print Test Page is able to print successfully. Windows 7 Troubleshooter does not detect any problems. I tried using the HP Support Wizard but it failed to get me to the support personnel step saying that the serial number was not correct (even though I copied it exactly as it appears on the machine). I think it is just because the warranty period ended years ago. Anyone have a solution for printing more than one copy successfully using Win7 64-bit on a HP LaserJet 1200?

Lounger
    Thanks
    After spening half the day trying to figure out my problem, I remembered that I had installed the ability to print from a virtual machine running in XpMode. Removing all printers from XpMode restored my ability to print multiple copies. So, I guess this is just a FYI for anybody who stumbles into the same problem.

Thanks
    You are lucky. My LJ1200 printed multiple copies just fine, but each one had a row of staples printed up one side - the spacing apparently identical to the circumference of the drum. I still find stapled pages in the "reuse" pile next to the other printer. :-(

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspacer View Post
    You are lucky. My LJ1200 printed multiple copies just fine, but each one had a row of staples printed up one side - the spacing apparently identical to the circumference of the drum. I still find stapled pages in the "reuse" pile next to the other printer. :-(
    I would take out the drum and look see if a staple has got itself inbedded in it or if a staple is anywhere inside printer body.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    The staple came out with the same page it went in on. It just left a lasting impression on the drum. Staples can be that way.

I gave the printer away on Craigslist for parts/repair. It was out of toner, too. Easy come, easy go.